Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pushing daisy cast





Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


This week we interviewed the candidates from the hermit shortlist - there were two! We invited them to Tatton to see how at home they would be living in a cave, with a skull to contemplate and very little else. They were so good, we have decided to let them do half a day each on press day.

The-Crew446x251.jpg On the garden itself, the work goes on apace. We have now stabilised the rock walls and have started planting. We are using three tree ferns, so hopefully the weather will be kind and not destroy them by 'the day of judgement' - all will be revealed.

We also managed this week to smuggle in our gnome to the site ('banned' under RHS rules). However, he did have his reflective jacket and safety boots on. He continues to remain elusive due to not having a 'gnome pass'. Look out for him when you visit the show as he is apt to hide amongst the vegetation until close of play on the Sunday of the show.

The guy across the way has offered a replacement for the gnome and the hermit and has a full size dragon he says he can lend me. Quite honestly, I think he is just trying to palm his mother in law off on us for the duration of the show - I'll keep you posted!


beetography
iris-DSC_3376.jpg

iris-DSC_3376.jpg


Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


Asim Shah posted a photo:

the basket



DSC02902.jpg
flower - DSC02902.jpg

flower


Icelandic Poppies

When take this flower, i just curious in the mid dle of this flower, it's take couple days to figure out what to name this photo, finally name of "swirl" comes out... flower with combination of white and red, somehow it may like the flying bird.




Keywords:




Keywords:


Exotic flower

Exotic flower


atheana

atheana's photo


Asim Shah posted a photo:

yellow



pollen-flowers posted a photo

039-2.jpg
7ft tall - our unique candlebras - 039-2.jpg



Keywords:


Frog Hanging in There

beetography
basswood-DSC_4270.jpg

basswood-DSC_4270.jpg



2yuzgup.jpg
Flowers - 2yuzgup.jpg



Keywords:



Beautiful Cambodian Hibiscus - wallpaper 1600x1200px. Cambodia is a tropical paradise for flowers, fruits and vegetables and of course a truly tropical climate. Hot all year long.
Nature scenery in Cambodia is specially beautiful during or early after rainy season when all nature is lush growing and blossoming.
In album Kingdom of Cambodia Pictures
Icelandic Poppies

Pink tulips, Ottawa Tulip Festival

Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


Icelandic Poppies

Asim Shah posted a photo:

pretty


atheana

atheana's photo


Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


StunningBirthdayFlower.jpg
flower - StunningBirthdayFlower.jpg



Flower with Jade Ring, On The Middle...



Crazy looking flower

Crazy looking flower


Years ago I had an allotment. It was huge and nothing but weeds, but I had big plans and a picture in my mind of how I wanted it to be. Alas it wasn't to be - my children were very young, the weeds were indestructible, the soil was thin and the tap was miles away. Reluctantly I gave up and now there's a long waiting list.
standard_redcurrant.jpg
When I saw the Gold medal, Best in Show winning 'Growing Tastes Allotment Garden', I saw my dream allotment from all those years ago. It's perfect without being artificial and you feel you could just get right in and start working on it.

The first thing that caught my eye was the standard redcurrants, such a good idea. Apart from the fact that they look so gorgeous with the jewel-like fruit hanging down, it makes the picking really easy. Last year I bought my parents a standard gooseberry for the same reason and they were thrilled with it.

Looking colourful and a bit messy is the children's section. There's a sandpit, a few toys and raised beds for jolly flowers and veg. If only I'd thought of that - I used to have to bribe my children to keep them quiet, a penny for every dandelion they dug up!

I'm so jealous of the little greenhouse with the cold frames beside it - I remember how tedious it was going backwards and forwards with trays of seedlings. Having somewhere for early tomatoes and tender veg is a joy, not to mention somewhere to go when it's raining.
childrens_allotment_garden.jpg
A cutting garden - what a luxury. This one is beautiful with dahlias, cosmos, cornflowers and lots of other favourites, there's even a row of ornamental annual grasses. Imagine never having to buy your flowers: you could stroll down the straw-lined path in the evening and pick and choose.

There's everything you could want in this marvellous allotment garden, fruit trees, compost bins, even hens; and I haven't even mentioned the rows and rows of healthy vegetables. I did have to ask one of the designers about the kohl rabi - it's one of those veg that no-one confesses to have eaten. Apparently it tastes like cabbage stalks, oh well, never mind - it looks pretty.

I hope I'll have an allotment again one day, I know it's a lot of work and the pests are waiting to get you, but I can dream...



Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment